Thursday, April 15, 2010

Outlast the Winter: Draft #1

In the springy depths of these
tumbled turves of green spiky leaves
masses sitting still
but maybe I might outlast the winter.

Shining light crescendos an arc that suits as the star fruit
eaten at intervals but unknown to the white man:
we enjoy Chiquita not understanding that 600 million live on bananas
but maybe I might outlast the winter.

Virtual reality waiting patterns in the deep azure sky
planes fly by chem-trails draggle behind and my oh my they fly by
light like dagger strikes death to my heart
but maybe I might outlast the winter.

Letter's written by house phone call cell phone satellite phone
and Skyped to tears
like techno bubbles rising through electronic brine.
IM me FB me Message me but never speak to me.

Pumped full of adrenaline in the cold air, too embarrassed to speak
we shit out each breath leave entrails behind,
inhale contaminated oxygen
there are worse things...
white powder waits in hair for the next drug test
heroine courses through veins until the next death...
Pharmaceutical stereotype of human
degenerative disorders pestilent pock marks on our souls
if its true
marriage of who cares stop,
care about other people's care:
Want to know who I fuck? Want to know
who warms with me the cold winter air?
Want to tell me what to do when damn them! Who tell them what?

No comments: